Tuesday 8 March 2016

The House of Fraser Archive


1.       ­­­Paterson manages her text well-organised by provides facts and history of the background to support and convey the wealth of material available in the House of Fraser Archive.
2.       Based on my reading of Paterson, I understand that archive is a rich resource of collection such as data, photographs, files and etc. Archive is widely used in the fields of fashion/ design/ business history because it provides valuable evidence, records, and photographic collections.
3.       I can use an archive to advance my knowledge of a particular designer, brand and topic because archive provide a large collection of history background of the designer, brand and topic that I might interested in. From that, I can learn the history of the background of the designer, brand and topic. Some problem that I may encounter is I find that archival catalogues difficult to interpret, with lots of information to sift through before locating appropriate resources.
4.       According to Paterson (2009) the key problems with the House of Fraser Archive is that the Archive is underused. The project aims to improve the accessibility for information about the Archive as to attract more users to use the Archive for their research purposes.
5.       Archival research provides valuable evidence that is hard to find and maintain its originality. Also, large collection that gather many information that might be valuable for the researcher.

0 comments:

Post a Comment